Friday, October 13, 2006

Leading Worship

I led worship a couple of weeks ago. Adam, our worship leader, had gone away for a seminar and so I led the band. It was a first for me....to be leading from the keyboard, in a Sunday service. It was scary! But it was good. :) The Wednesday service before was the hardest. Kenneth wasn't there to play drums, so it was just me on the keys and vocals, Joey on bass, and Lester on vocals. Talk about sparse! I started counting my mistakes, like I always did. It was rough. Then Pastor Joseph got up after the second song and encouraged everyone to really engage in worship and lay down the day. The atmosphere broke after that and it turned out to be really good.

Sunday's worship was totally different. Kenneth was there on the drums and he brought sooo much to the table. He made us sound so much better. :) We worshiped and everyone came with us. It was actually fun! I went right into heaven and opened the gates. I know the Holy Spirit led me...everything was so natural. Risk is good...it's so hard--but it's good. I have found one thing to be true: STRETCHING HURTS. But the rewards are soooo worth it.

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become." ~Charles DuBois

No comments: