Friday, January 12, 2007

Because It Lives

While I was having my morning devotional time a few days ago, God told me I could ask any question I wanted. Hmmm....ok.

"Why is it so difficult for us to see our own issues?"

"Pride."

"Why is pride so difficult to remove? I'm so tired of hearing that word...why can't it be routed out?"

"Because it lives."

Because it lives. Wow. It's a living thing/spirit...co-existing with us. We make a choice to live with it. It lives, breathes, eats, sleeps and poops in us...and it thrives there. The only way to kill it is to die ourselves. When the host organism dies, the parasite dies as well. There's no more life to suck up, so it goes elsewhere. It's been doing that for a long time. The oldest sin...it got Satan thrown out of heaven. And it can only live when I chose to live with it. But it is not the lack of pride I should strive for...it's the habitation of God. Pastor Joseph said recently that "living the good Christian life isn't difficult, it's mission impossible. Because God never asked us to do that. He asked us to die...so that He may live an abundant life in us." And then, when I am brought back to life...it is not I that live, but Christ lives in me. And Christ and pride cannot cohabitate.

"For we know that our old self was crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin--because anyone who has died has been freed from sin." ~Romans 6:6,7

No comments: