Monday, February 12, 2007

Pick Up The Ball

It's still hard. One day at a time. One foot in front of the other. I am so grateful for those who worked along side us for the last year. Their work was not unnoticed. Now they are gone, and there's a handful of leaders left. I am determined to have defiant joy and praise God for the good work He is doing in ALL of us...no matter whether we all stand together or stand apart. They are still my brothers and sisters in Christ and friends of mine. I love them and am very excited for God's plans in their lives.

That is what I believe... at least... what I am determined to believe. But it's still difficult for me. Part of me is still upset because I feel like I'm standing in the middle of a muddy, rain soaked football field... and most my teammates just walked off the field and left me muddy, bruised and by myself. It feels like they quit when the going got tough. I know, I know... there were many different reasons why each couple/individual left. And I know they believe them with all their heart. That's the really hard part. How is it we all serve the same God--and serve along side each other--and yet, one day, God tells us diametrically opposite things? How can one believe they just followed God off the field when I believe He's still standin' here tellin' me to pick up the ball? I don't know. I don't get it. All I know is I'm still here. And God's still here. And somebody needs to pick up the ball. So, that's what we're doing. And I tell you what... I wouldn't be at all surprised if it stops raining soon.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

"In the Bible it says they asked Jesus how many times you should forgive, and he said 70 times 7. Well, I want you all to know that I'm keeping a chart." ~Hillary Rodham Clinton

No comments: