Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Rwanda '07


We have been in the process of planning a mission trip to Rwanda for a while now. The difficult changes that our young church has gone through over the last six months have made taking this trip quite a challenge. I can't begin to tell you how much we long to take this trip. I haven't been on the overseas mission field since '04. I'm burning to go. We are committed to going to Rwanda this Fall and honestly, it couldn't come soon enough for us. More updates to come via mail and blog!

2 comments:

valerie said...

This song comes to mind:

You said, Ask and you will receive
Whatever you need
You said, Pray and I'll hear from heaven And I'll heal your land

You said Your glory will fill the earth
Like water the sea

You said, Lift up your eyes
The harvest is here, the kingdom is near

You said, Ask and I'll give the nations to you

O Lord, that's the cry of my heart
Distant shores and the islands will see
Your light, as it rises on us

O Lord, I ask for the nations

O Lord, I ask for RWANDA!!!

Hope Clark said...

Valerie,
You couldn't have said it better! That's one of my favorite songs, and certainly the cry of my heart. Thanks Valerie!