Thursday, May 31, 2007

Stump In The Road

It's kinda funny... caught me off guard. But the last year (and a half) have been the hardest for us. I thought the first year was supposed to be the toughest. And there was some adjusting going on there (toilet seat up or down? down dang it! open windows or heat on? I hate being cold!) But for the most part we glided right through the first two-three years. Then we started hitting stumps. (Right about when we decided to move.) I think it's because challenges reveal what's really inside you. Little comments that one of us would make a few years ago... suddenly start revealing a deeper issue within. And then you start seeing all the real, ugly issues... past hurts, baggage, offence, selfishness, unseen lies that you believe, spiritual roots, generational curses, anger, resentment. But man, I want to know this stuff... I want to uncover it so I can be free from it. And so does Kenneth. The victory in certain areas have just been fantastic... and there's areas where we haven't seen the root issue yet. But I do know we are MUCH tighter than we used to be because of it. And it's only because of God. Only He could give us the grace to do what is impossible to do by ourselves.

"Character is what you are in the dark." ~D.L. Moody

No comments: