Monday, December 10, 2007

Spiritual Warfare

You may not know yet. But a gunman shot several people at New Life Church yesterday afternoon. It is suspected that this same individual shot and killed some students at a YWAM base in Arvada the night before.

New Life was our home church for over 5 years. My life was changed there. Since we've moved away, this church family has gone through so much. My heart goes out to them. YWAM is also a ministry I have friends in. I don't know why the popular choice of surprise, desperate destruction these days is to pull a gun in a crowded area... but I do know that life apart from God is horrific. I also know that "...Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Eph. 6:12) Please pray with me for this church family and those who have been injured or killed... and for the young man who fell prey to the powers of this dark world. If you feel anger, like I do at times... be sure to point it at the right enemy.

"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." ~Eph. 6:13

No comments: