Monday, January 14, 2008

Baby Brainwash

I'm realizing why pregnant women are constantly talking about their pregnancy and their new babies. I always thought that was so old when I would see it.. I mean, come on.. don't you have anything else to talk about except that? What about all the other facets of your life? Marriage? Work? Church? Your relationship with God? But no... it's as though my brain as been washed in some hypnotizing "baby solution" and as soon as I get on one non-baby thought track, within seconds I will be rerouted to something baby/birth/pregnancy-ish. I can't even pray for 10 solid minutes without something coming up babyish that I forgot to do, want to do, need to do, wish I could do, would like to pray for, or want to talk about. I remember watching some of our female animals on our farm growing up as they were nearing the end of their gestation. They would get really restless and then pensive at times and they would walk circles in the area they had claimed as their corner, pawing at the ground as if the straw wasn't arranged properly. I totally feel like that.

4 comments:

Joseph said...

Oh, Oh! Kenneth better watch out for that area of the room that you've claimed as your territory. Anyway, only a few more weeks to go now, and we'll be able to "do" and "say" all the things we want to for Selah.

Brenna said...

Ha! I love the analogy at the end there. :)

Valerie said...

Glad you mentioned that because I want to talk to you about other things too and it always seems like our conversation gets re-routed to baby stuff. I felt bad about it until now. =) Thanks!

Hope Clark said...

Ha! Don't feel bad Val. It's bizzare to me too. :)