Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Frail

Some days I realize I need Him more than others. Some days my frailty and brittleness becomes so evident. It's startling how discouraging it is to realize that. As though I need Him in differing amounts based on how strong I'm feeling. How silly. And yet, that's how I act sometimes. Running along on my own energy. Then I'm surprised when I stumble on my own insufficiency. It's humbling. And I supposed it's only discouraging because I still think deep down inside that I should be just fine on my own. Until I'm reminded of His sufficiency. And then I realize I'm right where I should be... frail. Because in my weakness, He is made strong. When I am empty, He can fill. It's all about where my eyes are placed... on my inadequacy, or on His great adequacy.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Amen Sistah!!! Love the blog music! I have been wanting to do that forever but haven't been able to figure it out! You're so smart! =)

Hope Clark said...

Thanks Valerie! :) It's not that hard--just click on the help icon at the top of your blog. I really like it. Hope you have a great day!

melissa said...

I love that Smokie Norful song! Pastor Al just played it in church on Weds night!!

Love you, friend~

Hope Clark said...

Meliss, It is so beautiful, isn't it? It echos my heart. Have a good day, friend. :)