Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Worried Warrior

I'm a worrier by nature. I'm a warrior too. I guess you could say I'm a worried warrior. But that's an oxymoron. ("He's right, you're an Ox, and a Moron." Thank you, Oscar.) How can I be both? I'm getting better, I can tell you that. My mom is a worrier by nature (Love you, Mom!). Perhaps I get it from her. Perhaps it's my attention to detail and the annoying habit I have of following each item/action/word/situation to a presumed conclusion. Perhaps it's fear of failure. Perhaps it's a desire for excellence. Perhaps it's this or that. Perhaps I think too much. Regardless of what it may be, I know it's unbelief. Unbelief in God's sovereignty. We have all sorts of names for it... my favorite being "wisdom". "I'm just trying to be wise. I just want to be cautious with the time/event/situation/finances God has given us." "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." "Oh, I'm just praying about it (for the hundreth time)." Fear mascarades as wisdom. The bottom line really is: Is HE, or isn't HE? Either HE is who HE says HE is... or HE is not. Period.

No comments: