Wednesday, May 14, 2008

II Chronicles 15

(My personal devotion for the day, continued.)

"Listen to me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin: the Lord is with you when you are with Him. And if you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will forsake you." ~vs. 2

In those seasons when the people ignored God, there was no peace... there were disturbances and afflictions. There were wars and cities were crushed. People were in distress and troubled.

There were pressures on every side. And they kept coming with no rest. The difficulties of life seemed to never end and before you knew it, another one had come. But the people continued to go and come, pressing through life, trying to succeed.

"And they entered into the covenant to seek the Lord God of their fathers with all their heart and soul.... And all Judah rejoiced concerning the oath, for they had sworn with their whole heart and had sought Him earnestly, and He let them find Him. So the Lord gave them rest on every side." ~vs. 12 & 15

And He let them find Him. He didn't have to reveal Himself. He let them find Him. How often do I take for granted that He will be there when I'm ready to seek Him? And they received rest on every side. Rest on every side... Rest. On every side.

If that is the result of seeking Him, why should I wait?
Why do I try other alternatives first?

--Lord...
Let me find You. Lord, let me find You! May I seek until You are found and when I find You, may I rejoice. For You are the only One Who gives life... the only One Who gives rest. May I never stop seeking You with my whole heart.

No comments: