Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend To Remember Cont.

Here are some more insights I received from the Weekend To Remember we attended a week or so ago....

7. God is crafting me through my husband. I need to be willing to let God change me through both my husband's strengths as well as his weaknesses, differences, and selfishness.

8. The way you know you're fighting with God is if you're fighting with each other.

9. Anger always has a target. Don't react to your mate...respond to God.

10. True forgiveness is not pretending it didn't happen, conditional, forgetting, or an automatic cure for the hurt. True forgiveness is a choice to set your spouse free from their debt, an attitude of letting go of resentment, the first step toward rebuilding trust, an act of obedience to God.

11. Make no judgements where you have no compassion.

12. The truest thing about me is what God says about me.

13. Taking a mental snap-shot of your spouse and "framing" them as always being one way ("You'll never change...you'll always be like this."), is not limiting their ability to learn, it's limiting God. Our thoughts like that are birthed out of a belief in a small God.

No comments: