Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Upcoming Trip

We're preparing to go on our first mission's trip here at The Well. It will be to Guatemala City and some surrounding villages. We leave in just over a month and will be there a week.

I've been on several mission's trips and they never fail to change my life for the better. I've begun to pray for the people we will encounter and for our team. I'm already asking God to prepare my heart. I want love more, give more, hold back less, worry less, display Him more, look for more opportunities, and expect more.

I discovered that missions can alter the course of your life. They shatter selfishness, gauge your giving, stretch the shallowness of your perspective, uncover unhealthy heart issues, and demonstrate divine love. And that's just for the ones going. What are some things you've discovered about missions?

5 comments:

Stacey said...

How exciting! I will be praying. Are both you and Kenneth going? Are you taking Selah?

Stacey said...

BTW...I was working on a Sudoku last night and thinking of the "good 'ol days" at MAW. :o)

Hope Clark said...

LOL!! Ahh hah ha haha! Gotta love Sudoku! It's addicting--in a totally ok sorta way. :) Yes, all three of us are going. I'm so excited to take Selah...I pray she will be a blessing and will open doors.

Stacey said...

Isn't Sudoku great! I am so excited that the three of you are going. The mission's trip that I went on that had a baby along with us, turned out to be a true blessing...everyone understands babies...no matter your language!!! I can't wait to hear about it when you get back. ;o)

Hope Clark said...

The only other person I've talked to who was on a missions trip with a baby said the same thing. I pray it will be so with us. :)