Friday, September 12, 2008

Fearless

"Meet the source of your fearlessness."

I saw an ad today for ancestry.com. They're all about building family trees and finding out who your long lost family members are. I suppose their tag line is about learning who your great grandfather Wilber was and how he liked to go cliff diving just like you do.

But that's not the first thought that came to my mind. My first thought was: God. He is the source of my fearlessness. There are so many people who don't know that He is the source of their fearlessness. I pray they meet Him.

And then I thought: Wait a minute. Am I really fearless?

I don't know. Would you call smiling at impossibility fearless? What about persistence despite apparent failure? Would you call not having a Plan B fearless? Sometimes you are so far out on a limb, that to hang on by your finger tips doesn't seem that irrational anymore. I'm feeling quite fearless today.

2 comments:

Thea said...

It's either fearless or nuts...I'm banking on fearless myself :)

Hope Clark said...

Thanks... I was thinking that, too. Fearless sounds better. :)