Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm Horrif-excited

I am horrified and excited at the same time.

I called Kenneth at work, babbling "I love it!" and "It rocks!" about four times before he could figure out what I was talking about.

At the same time, I'm staring at it going "Gross...that is just disgusting. FILTHY!"

My sister bought us a new vacuum cleaner because I was still dragging our little Dirt Devil around the house while its last bit of life drained from the almost-dead motor. Honestly, I only vacuumed to get the cool vacuum marks on the carpet that make it look like it's clean... cuz' that little devil (heh, heh) didn't pick up a thing.

It's a bagless. Which means you can see all the gross dirt, dust, and dog hair in the container after you have sucked them up. I just vacuumed half my house and the dirt container is full. FULL! I couldn't be more excited--and totally disgusted--at the same time. Thanks Sis!!

7 comments:

Joseph said...

Muahahahahahahaha!!! Just think, you've been rolling around in all that these past few months!!!

Thea said...

I think you cross a new threshhold of life when you appreciate a vacuum cleaner that much - I am right there with you :) My dust-buster was the Chrsitmas present this past year I was pretty elated about. I couldn't wait to suck up some dirt! haha...enjoy!!!

Hope Clark said...

Joseph--I KNOW!!! So. Entirely. Disgusting!

Thea,
Seriously true! Is that part of being a mom or part of being 30? I don't know but I know I'm excited! Ooh! Maybe I'll name it...

valerie said...

LOL! How exciting! We got a new vacuum recently too and I was super excited! I didn't blog about it but I could have and I'm not 30...YET! =)

Stacey said...

I think that anyone who gets a new vacuum, after using a horrible vacuum that doesn't work, is super excited. I was when we got our new one. :o)

Joey said...

That really 'sucks"..... ;0)

Hope Clark said...

Valerie and Stacey,
Ok so maybe it's not a 30 thing... and well, I guess it's not a mom thing either. Guess I'll chalk it up to being a clean woman/wife thing. :)

Joey,
You truly are the master of puns. :):)