Monday, September 29, 2008

Rich Hymns

We did an interesting transition from the last channel of "Great Renown" to "I Exalt Thee" yesterday.

The last lines of "Great Renown" are...

Be exalted O God in the heavens
Be exalted O God in the earth

We broke down the instrumentation, slowed it down a touch and did a simple transition into "I Exalt Thee", which we revamped a little with a slow groove on the back of the beat.

It flowed nicely. I especially loved the richness and depth that the older hymns layer in worship. I remember being four or five years old, watching my mom lead worship with her guitar for a small group of women. And I remember singing my heart out to "I Exalt Thee". It's almost a comforting feeling... experiencing in an instant the history and longevity of my relationship with God. That song immediately and vividly reminded me just how long God has been with me and how much He has walked me through.

"Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father." ~ Colossians 3:16,17

2 comments:

Joey said...

Yeah! It was good, really good! Can't wait til this Sunday!

Hope Clark said...

Thanks Joey!