Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What Are My Horses?

"Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed: He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will remember the name of the Lord our God." ~ Psalm 20:6-7

I try to imagine being in the midst of an ancient barbarian battle, very Braveheartesque, standing surrounded by the enemy, sword in hand, with minimal protection.

Warriors are fighting and falling all around me. It's war and it's ugly and scary. And it's my life.

At that moment, a horse sounds pretty good. It would give me an advantage over the enemy. A step up. A foothold. Strength. Speed. A horse was worth its weight in gold in ancient battles.

And that makes me wonder... do I have horses? I know I have battles. Every one of us wants to be David spouting poetry about our revelation of God's saving strength... but what if I'm really the some who trust in horses? And if I am, what are they?

God, reveal my horses to me... and help me to remember your name in the midst of the battle.

No comments: