Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Worship Sunday


Have you ever written God a thank you card?

It's customary for us to send thank you cards when someone does something nice for us. For those of us who just don't have the patience to write something out, they've even created e-cards. But regardless of how you do it, it takes time and thought. It's a demonstration of your gratitude.

I've received thank you cards before. And although the authors of the cards print some nice thoughts in the cards, I find that what's really precious to me are the words that the person hand wrote to me. I don't really care what was printed in the card. I want to know what that person took the time to write to me.

We wrote thank you cards to God this past Sunday. It was a Sunday service of just worship, and part of that worship was taking time to express our gratitude.

It didn't matter what our handwriting looked like. It didn't matter if we threw the card away when we were finished. What mattered was that we took the time to hand write our appreciation and gratitude for what God has done in our lives.


.
It was wonderful for me to be a part of a family humbly expressing their love and adoration to the Lord of Lords.
And personally, I think He liked it, too.

No comments: