Monday, October 13, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Golf


So I went golfing yesterday.

I have gone golfing... oh, about two times in my life. (I found out that mini-golf doesn't count. Go figure.)

It was a small par three course with wide fairways and only 9 holes. For me that meant it was not so large as to make it appear ridiculously impossible for me to even attempt to hit the ball anywhere near the hole.

I played the course with Kenneth and Nick, Kenneth's cousin, who is currently attending a golf academy. Here were the two best moment of the whole afternoon:

1. I hit an uphill chip shot off the fairway about 80 feet that rolled up the green and went right in the hole. That hole was my only par of the day and left me running in circles yelling, "That was AWESOME!!"

2. Nick said, "Well, at least you look like a golfer." (Check one for me. Nice to know I'm still fashion forward--even on the golf course.)

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time...keep at it and just have fun with it. :o)

Hope Clark said...

Thanks Patricia! I really did. I can see why it's such an addicting game... it's relaxing but active, and can be as challenging as you want it to be.