Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Voting Secret

***Disclaimer... if you don't want to know about your voting ballot info, then stop reading now!***

Ok, I'm going let you in on a secret.

I vote through absentee ballot.

When I voted for the first time I was absolutely shocked to see so many people running for president and so many other items to vote for. District Court of Appeal? Sheriff? Umpteen amendments? I didn't know I was going to be voting on all this and I had no idea where I stood.

Then four years ago when we were going to be out of the country, I requested an absentee ballot. It was wonderful. I could open it up and research candidates and amendments before I voted.

Did you know that there are thirteen candidates for president and vice president on the ballot?--two of whom are women. (Yes, I'm looking at my ballot right now.) Did you even know that Pastor Chuck Baldwin is running for presidency? I didn't. Or Ralph Nader? (For the second time.) Had no idea. All we see is what Fox News or CNN wants us to see. (That's a whole other post... don't get me started.)

All I'm saying is, it's nice to make an educated vote. Althougth, I do kinda miss the bragging rights you have when you get to walk around with a sticker on your chest that says "I voted today."

No comments: