Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bi-Polar

I seem to be a bit bi-polar lately.

On one hand I am some moments overwhelmed, trying to stay on top of the home to-do list, the baby's needs, and the requirements of my two part-time jobs. My cruise-control button never seems to take me fast enough to accomplish things before there are new ones that need to be done. Throw in some tight finances and the need for some quality time with the husband, and you have one side of me... a bit frustrated at times.

On the other hand, God is doing so much in my life and in the lives of those around me that I often stand (still, for just a moment, while wet diaper, dirty dishes, and ringing phones wait) in amazement at the true and living God. It goes beyond the fact that He has never left us or forsaken us. My awe revels in the His extravagant grace, His lavish love, His marvelous mercy, His fountain of faithfulness, and His grand goodness. He has done, and is doing, and will do... everything He said He would.

And so then I turn around and thank Him for the wet diapers, dirty dishes, and ringing phone and praise God that while I do what He has set before me today, He is accomplishing His good work in me. Thank you Lord!

2 comments:

Arissa said...

Bi-polar, heard! I can relate Hope. So many reason to rejoice, let's do it!

Hope R. Clark said...

Hey Arissa! So glad I'm not the only one. :) So glad that God knows me and knows how to reveal my trash in a way that cleans me and not condemns me! Blessings to you guys....