Friday, February 13, 2009

McFlurry Osmosis


So, last night we're on our way home from our Lead Team meeting at about 9pm. It's been a long day, but a good one. We all rushed through a quick dinner to get out the door and to the meeting in time. It was very productive and now we were back in the car with a sleepy baby and the cool fresh air coming in the sun roof. We had both been absorbed in our own thoughts for a while.

"You know what I'm really craving right now?" I didn't bother to wait for his guess, although he did give me the courtesy of throwing me a I give up, what is it? look.

"Ice cream."

Other than a small pint of ice cream he had surprised me with about a month before, we hadn't had ice cream for at least six months. We were doing well with our improved eating habits.

Kenneth started to shake his head. Then he pressed his eyes shut and shook his head some more, blinking sporadically.

"Kenneth, what's wrong?" He looked like he had just realized that he had left his wallet back at the meeting or something. He shook his head some more and shrugged his shoulders like he didn't know what to say. "Babe... what's wrong??"

"A couple of miles back I started to think, You know what Hope would like? Some ice cream. Hmmm...where should I go...grocery store? No, I'll go to Micky D's...it's right off our exit and I can use the drive through. She can get a McFlurry.... This will be a great surprise, she'll love it. Then you go an' interrupt me with "Hey, Baby, guess what I'm craving?" And I think, No, you have got to be kidding me... please don't say ice cream...."

We both just laughed. And then splurged on a McFlurry and a vanilla cone while sitting in the parking lot.

4 comments:

Joseph said...

Bad, bad children! Eating ice cream after being so good for so long. :)

Emily said...

Haha! I love it! I think I'm going to request that my hubby "surprise" me with some ice cream for tonight. :-)

We have not been as good as the 2 of you, but we're trying. A wedding gift was an ice cream maker, and needless to say, addiction was a word that started to pop up... since I made it a few times a week.

ST said...

And so it begins...first you start thinking the same thought at the same time, then you start finishing each other's sentences, then you start looking like each other! Aaaaargh!!! ;)

Hope R. Clark said...

Joseph,
I know... and what's worse, we told on ourselves by putting it online!

Emily,
If we were given an ice cream maker, I think I'd make Kenneth return it cuz' addiction would become a major word in our house, too!

Sola,
Maybe it goes slower with some marriages than with others, cuz' I don't think you and Joseph look at all alike. :)