Friday, April 3, 2009

Frank Peretti & Dr. Seuss


So, I was walking in a strange neighborhood this morning. I had gone to get blood work done and while waiting for my turn (it would be an hour wait), I decided to take Selah for a walk in neighborhood next to the clinic.

What do I come across but a garage sale! It was a big one, too. I found a little keyboard for Selah for $3.00 and some Dr. Seuss books for a $1.00 each. (Yeah!)

I also found Frank Peretti's book "This Present Darkness" for $1.00. When the lady selling saw that I wanted it, she said, "Oh, so you're into that stuff!"

I smiled and said, "Oh, yeah."

Then she said, "Yeah, I got half way through it and got too scared to finish it! I told my husband, 'I know it's all true, but I just can't handle it!'"

I laughed and said, "It's intense...but it's good stuff." I paid for my little group of treasures and wished her a good day.

Then I walked back to the blood clinic, thinking about that that whole time. It's amazing how Christians are the ones afraid of talking about, reading about, or learning about the spiritual atmophere around us and about spiritual warfare. The ones interested in it are often the ones interested in the "dark side" of it. While the ones of us who are on the right side--who should be getting involved--are too afraid to learn more. It encouraged me to prayer walk more when I walk with Selah.

No comments: