Monday, April 13, 2009

I think I have the Monday blues today.

We had a great Resurrection Sunday. The turn-out at church was great and the message was so timely. I was surprised at how many people came forward for prayer at the end--though I shouldn't have been. Then at home, we cleaned my jeep--which was a miracle in and of itself. And we watched "Fireproof", the movie. (Yes, astonishingly, it's taken us this long to watch it.) It is a FANTASTIC movie. Then I got a good night's sleep.

I had a quiet time this morning. And I just got a message from one of the children at church who said that yesterday during worship she was freer than she'd ever been. That was really encouraging to me because children are naturally authentic--they don't tend to blow smoke.

But, now I'm at work... on my 12 hour marathon shift. And I'd just rather go back to bed. What is it about Mondays? The let down after a Sunday high? Pregnancy hormones? Looking at a whole week ahead? I feel... well, I guess I just feel tired. Not sleepy... weary. Part of me wants to go cry into a bowl of ice cream, but I've found that--although therapeutic--it doesn't really change anything. I think I'll go spend some time with my best Friend.

Hope you're Monday is going well. If you think of it, have a scoop of ice cream for me.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Mondays do often feel like that don't they? I have asked myself this question over and over...why are Mondays the way that they are? One of the many answers that I have come up with is...maybe I expect them to be that way, so therefor they are.

BTW...Jonathan and I just watched that movie last weekend, so you aren't too far behind. :o) I really enjoyed it! I thought it was really good.

Stacey said...

I'll have Jonathan have a scoop of ice cream for you...he is ALWAYS looking for an excuss to have one. ;o)

Emily said...

Hey lady... when are you due?

Hope R. Clark said...

Stacey,
LOL...yes, tell Jonathan to enjoy it for me!

Emily,
We are due Oct 5th...so I'm about 15 weeks along right now (almost 4 months). How are you??

Emily said...

I just read this comment! October 5... that's awesome!!!! Jen is due October 12!!!!!!