Saturday, June 13, 2009

Well Aftermath

It's been strange, but good.

I really don't know how else to describe it. When you have worked so long, so consistently at (or for) something, it's strange when it's gone. I am completely convinced that The Well had fulfilled it's appointed time and that we were obedient in walking away. Though not everyone may be convinced of that, and some may even have thought we should have "quit" sooner. Regardless of any of that, being confident that we are in God's will, hasn't removed the sadness I feel from transition of one season to the next.

Last Sunday--our first Sunday with no Well--was so strange. I found myself watching the clock, knowing exactly what we would have been doing at church at that moment. I missed leading worship. I missed the camaraderie. I missed the Word that I would have received. Yet, while pushing back tears, I was content with where we are. It's so funny... I wanted a rest from the activities, and now that I have it, I miss the atmosphere. The camaraderie we still have, but not the structure. So strange... emotions are funny things.

We're resting for a time right now. And honestly, it's hard. I guess I don't know how to rest well. Perhaps I should be working on that more....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really believe that God is in our "failures" or "perceived" failures as the case may be for some. You did not "quit" or "give up" just because the season ended. The church at the Well still lives on in the people because they are the church anyway. It would be weird if you didn't have a whole bunch of emotions to unload. Thanks for being so real with us! Valerie =)

Joey said...

Me too Hope!

Hope R. Clark said...

Thanks for your encouragment Valerie!:) And you're too, Joey. :)