Thursday, November 12, 2009

Gang Assault In California

My husband told me about this story when he came home from work a week or so ago. I'd had a rough day, but hearing about the assault on this young 15 year old girl in California broke me and I began to weep. I asked him to stop mid-story so I could gather myself... it was too much for me. But since then, I've researched what happened on my own. I've been up at night praying for her more times than I can count. She has been so heavy on my heart that I don't think a day goes by without me thinking about her. And so I pray.

I hope that you have someone to pray for today. Someone that God has given you an inexplicable love and compassion for... someone that you can intercede for. Because, while atrocities will continue to happen to us and to those around us, only a relationship with the one true God can heal the hurt, restore what was stolen, and bring joy from sadness.

Read the story here.

No comments: