Thursday, December 31, 2009

Added Note On Christmas Camping

One of the things that kept coming to mind as we layered on sweatshirts, moved closer to our charcoal grill fire, and snuggled down into our sleeping bags last week, was that there are people all over this country who are homeless this Winter. They are outside in the cold every night--except when a shelter has room for them. They may not have the warm clothes I have, or the protection from the elements, or the food I have in my cooler. They probably don't have the money I have to buy more food or the car I have to take me where I want to go. And on top of that, they don't have the assurance that I had in the back of my mind that at the end of two days I would get to go back to my clean house, warm shower, and comfortable bed. So, when I lay awake at night in the tent as I did every hour or so, I prayed that God would be merciful and would provide for them. Please be generous with your compassion, your prayers, your time, and your finances this Winter.

No comments: