Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Camping

So much for flip flops the week before Christmas. It was cold the week of Christmas!

Well, cold for Florida. We went camping with Kenneth's family for a couple of days during the week of Christmas and the night low got down to 45 degrees. It was chilly. We were right on the beach with a beautiful sunset both nights.

We had a wonderful time, but it was challenging with two babies. Moriah is only three months old and slept in her car seat in the tent. Well, I use the word "slept" loosely since she was up every two hours. Selah slept on a mat under several blankets--that is, when she wasn't rolling off the mat and out of the covers in her sleep. I was up every hour with one of the other. But I expected that, so my attitude never got the best of me. (Yeah me!)

Other than that, it was a great time! The fire was great (in a charcoal grill since ground fires are not permitted), the S'Mores were fabulous--I think I had six, the play grounds were a blast--I think I had more fun on the slide than Selah did, and the company was wonderful. At first I thought it might be a little strange to go camping for Christmas, and everyone we told about it was a bit surprised at the choice. But when we got there, the campground was full. Hmm, I guess it wasn't so strange afterall. Click on the picture above if you want to see more photos.

No comments: