Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Friends And Family

Last week we got to hang out with my sister and her three oldest girls. It was a blast. :) We lounged around the house, watched movies, played Farkle and Hand And Foot, took a trip to the wonderful Ikea, and of course, played with Selah, and held Moriah a whole lot.

Anytime my family or Kenneth's family comes to visit, it's always so much fun for us. And after they leave, we are always so acutely aware that we don't live close to our families.

We do have friends near by that we do a lot with and have become like family with. And we are both incredibly grateful for them. I've been amazed for a long time now at how God can build a supportive family around you when your natural family is not available. But there is a difference between the two.

Sometimes I really miss my natural family. But most of all, I'm grateful for all the people that God has placed in my life. He has put each one there for a reason. I'm praying that God's love and truth would surround each one of them today. Be blessed, my friends!

No comments: