Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Church Life

I've been leading worship at a local church now for about six months. After The Well closed last Spring, the church that we moved to Florida to help plant, we took some time for rest. It was good, but we quickly became restless. We both craved an outlet for worship and a place for spiritual growth. We wanted and needed to serve.

At the beginning of the year, we began attending Church Alive. We had visited many times last summer as I lead worship on a rotational basis for them. Now we are there full time. The people are really incredible and I'm having a lot of fun worshiping with the team. We've been doing some original songs, which make it interesting for the team. But most of the repertoire is contemporary worship (Hillsong, New Life, Gateway). We also have some older members in the congregation who enjoy a throwback hymn every now and then. Kenneth is playing drums, and the girls are always excited to play with their friends in the nursery.

I spend hours during the week praying and preparing for Sunday. When I'm not doing that, I'm being a wife and mother to my family. On the days when I get overwhelmed or frustrated, I remind myself that I really do have the best jobs in the world.

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

We are so blessed to have you and Kenneth as a part of our church family. You bring a sweet and fresh presence to the worship. Glad to call you friend.

Hope R. Clark said...

Thanks Mitzi! We are blessed to be there as well. :)