Monday, July 26, 2010

Psalm 27:1--Two Year Old Version

Me: "Selah, there is nothing to be afriad of. Remember Psalm 27:1?"

Selah: "Oooooh yeah! Um... yeah... (thinking hard) uh...awwww.... I can't do it." Picture pouty face, shoulders sagging, chin droops to chest.

Me: "Yes, you can! It goes like this: 'The Lord is my light and my sal.... '"

Selah: "I do it! I do it! Mommy, Mommy... I do it." Breaths deeply, swallows, adjusts herself in her seat. "De Lord is my light an my salwation--WHO I be fear?!?! No one! Dat's right! Yeah!!! Mommy, say 'Good job, Selah!'"

Me: Smiling. "Good job, Selah! But don't forget the second part... remember? Stronghold?"

Selah: "Oh yeah!" Takes a deep breath. "Da Lord is my STRONGHOLD! Who can be my scared of?!?! NO one!! DAT'S RIGHT!! Yeah!!!!!"

3 comments:

Mitzi said...

I love it!

Stacey said...

ok that is ADORABLE!!!! I think that is how I might start saying it myself. :o)

Hope R. Clark said...

Thanks Mitzi and Stacey! It cracks me up everytime we do it. Ahhh... the joy of little children. :)