Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Messy Musical Rooms

I've had a couple of those days where it feels like I'm the only one in the house who's trying to keep it clean and everyone else is out to thwart me. It's almost like watching a circus playing musical chairs... only in this case, it's musical rooms.

It goes like this. Get up in the morning and feed the girls. Then clean up the kitchen while they mess up their room. Then enlist their help to pick up their room. Then put on worship in the living room and dance for a little while. Then read the Bible aloud (so all can benefit) while they pull half the toys out of their room so they can play while they "listen". Then enlist their help to pick up the living room. Do laundry while they empty the Tupperware cabinet. Fold laundry while I instruct them on how to pick up the Tupperware and put it back. Make lunch in the kitchen while they jump on all my piles of folded laundry in the living room. Enlist their help to carry arm fulls of semi-folded laundry to their room so I can put it away...while they mess up their room again. Clean up the room together so that we can read two books before laying down for a nap.

After an hour and a half of peace and quiet--in which I work on any number of projects in the office--they jump up and are ready to do it all over again. Sometimes my husband even gets to join in on the circus fun by leaving his shoes and tie in the living room when he gets home. Of course, he helps pick up too. :)

3 comments:

Mitzi said...

Oh the life of a mommy. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Hope R. Clark said...

LOL... I know. I keep trying to tell myself when I have bad days. *Deep breath*... *Whooosaaaahhhhh*

Arissa said...

I told God the other day it feels like the house is spinning and everything is flying off the shelves and out of the cupboards. I said I feel so out of control. He said, "You are, I am in control." I know I need to surrender...it's so hard!