Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Expecting Number Three

Yep! We're expecting number three! And I can truly say that I'm excited to meet this little one, although, I'm embarrassed to admit that it didn't start out that way. Let me give you a quick run down.

First, it started at the end of December. K lost his job. Devastating and freeing at the same time. Then, seven days later, a friend passes away. We rely on the help of family to fly K out to be with his friend's family while they grieve. Again, devastating and emotional. Then, while he's out of town, I confirm I'm pregnant. (Ah...the mystery of sudden fatigue, moodiness, and increased bathroom use is solved.)

So, there we are... he, shaken and grieving...and me, emotional and hormonal. There was so much to process at once that we didn't know where to start. When we were back home together and able to talk, he usually stood with hunched shoulders, hands in his pockets, asking questions as he processed. I would break into tears at the oddest moments, then have to run to the bathroom in mid-thought.

It's funny how God seems to do everything at once sometimes. You're screaming, "WHOA!!! Who came up with this crazy scheme??" But then have to smooth your feathers and calm down as He reminds you just exactly Who He is. After all, He is pretty amazing at what He does.

So, now I can honestly say..."Yeah God! I have no idea what You are doing...but You are God and I am not. And if you want us to have another baby now, then now is the PERFECT time. May it be until me as You have said."

Isaiah 55:8-11
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

No comments: