Thursday, March 3, 2011

Three Year Old Selah

Kenneth: "Selah, do you know who God is?"

I looked at her curiously, wondering what her answer would be. I told her that He watched over her, kept His hand on her, loved her, made us and the trees and animals, etc...but Who would she said that He is?

Selah: "Yes...He...He...He is the Most High King."

Kenneth: "Wow. And what does He do?"

Selah: "Um...well, he keeps His hand on my back. Like this." She demonstrates by twisting her hand onto her lower back.

Kenneth: "And where does He live?"

I wondered again. Would she say that He lived in her heart? Or perhaps her tummy like she said last time? Or maybe that He lived all around her like I had told her before?

Selah: "Oh! He lives in a BIIIIIGGG castle!" She thought for a moment and then smiled. "I want to go there one day."

3 comments:

Stacey said...

What a great story!!!!! And smart little girl with parents that have taught her well.

Hope R. Clark said...

Thanks Stacey! I was actually surprised by her answers...so incredible to watch a young mind put things together. Hope you are feeling well with your new little one growing inside!

Stacey said...

Isn't incredible to watch. Working with kids every day, I realize that "we" (as adults) don't give kids enough credit. They have such amazing minds that work is such simple but amazing ways. I love it.

I am doing a lot better these days. The nausea is finally letting up which helps me to enjoy the rest of the pregnancy. :o) I can feel the baby "fluttering" around inside of me now. Which is fun to experience. :o)