Friday, June 3, 2011

The Re-building

"This is the way God put it:
'They found grace out in the desert,
these people who survived the killing.
Israel, out looking for a place to rest,
met God out looking for them!"
God told them, "I've never quit loving you and never will.
Expect love, love, and more love!
And so now I'll start over with you and
build you up again, dear virgin Israel.'"
-Jeremiah 31:3, The Message

This is for those of you who have survived the killing. Perhaps you are still in the battle... entrenched and surrounded by carnage and dire circumstances... but for some reason, you have survived. And perhaps you are desperate for a place to lay down your head and rest, sleep... disappear. Desperate to stop fighting.

Lift up your head and see God running to you! Receive His love for what it is... the truth that changes everything. Hear His words spoken for you... words with life and creative power that will not return to Him without accomplishing that which He spoke them for. And be encouraged... we are only at our worst just before He rebuilds us.

2 comments:

Alexandra G. said...

Hope your words are just the breath of encouragement that I needed this morning. Thank you for being my friend. I feel so blessed to have you in my life.

Hope R. Clark said...

I'm so glad, Alex. :)