Friday, August 19, 2011

Grace-Filled Lessons

"Our real blessings often appear to us in the shape of pains, losses and disappointments; but let us have patience, and we soon shall see them in their proper figures." ~Joseph Addison
There's something in me that says that paying all your bills on time and not going into foreclosure and keeping your "life" in order is all about integrity and responsibility.

I mean, people who find themselves in a financial bind, who have "poorly run" finances or bad credit, or who are surviving on unemployment or govt. aid must surely have made some poor, lazy choices in their life. Right? Because... that would definitely not be me. I am a person of integrity and responsibility.

Well, maybe it's not so much about those two traits as it is about arrogance... the arrogance that I think hardship is beneath me because I control my "life" so well.

My arrogance... maybe that's what all this is about...all this stuff we find ourselves in the midst of. And if so, then forgive me Lord. And thank you. Thank you for the lesson... for taking the time to cut it out of me. Your grace is so humbling.

3 comments:

Your Name Here... said...

That ststement would mean that homeless children have somehow done that to themselves. Much like everything in our life God is the only one that fully knows whats really up. Give yourself a little grace too..

val said...

A gift for you…Truth.
Satan has deceived the whole world Rev 12:9 until a woman delivers the true word to the world Rev 12:5, Rev 12:13 from the wilderness Rev 12:6. The true word now delivered John 1:1 turns the hearts of the fathers to the children of God Mal 4:6 proving by the word of God that not one child of God will be put in a hell fire no matter what their sins. It never entered the heart or mind of God to ever do such a thing Jer 7:31, Jer 19:5. Prove all things http://minigoodtale.wordpress.com Prophecy is fulfilled.

Hope R. Clark said...

Thanks "Your Name Here". :) And thanks Val, for posting.

What I was writing about (the current trials of my life, in particular) has me truly humbled by His perpetual love and desire to mold me into a better person. Thank the Lord that He loves me enough to teach me! :)