Thursday, October 27, 2011

Time Is Flying

It's been a while since I've posted. It's been even longer since I've journaled. Weeks go by and I can hardly believe that another weekend has come. My days are spent in blocks of time filled with activities that go from one block to the next until it's late at night and my eyes are locked on my bed.

I'm loving this time with the girls... spending time with the girls as they each learn different levels of preschool skills. I spend as much time as I can each week building Globalife Journeys, our non-profit humanitarian aid and missions organization. Then there's also worship to prepare for two services, play dates to organize, library and grocery shopping trips, and let's not forget the ever present cooking, cleaning, and laundry.

I love where we are in life. I love the direction we're heading in. Like my mom used to say, I do wish there were more hours in the day... but the Lord knows that I would just fill it with more stuff. Last weekend, K and I had some time to ourselves on an overnight date. It was fantastic. We both need that time to reconnect every once in while.

I thank God that His mercy is new every morning and He is with me when I rise. He reminds me every day to breathe deeply and not let my desire to accomplish more override His desire for me to simply live loved and love others.

No comments: