Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Surprising Valentine's Prayer

Selah was so excited about our steak family dinner for Valentine's Day this evening. As we sat at the table and enjoyed dinner, she started a surprising conversation.

Selah: "Mommy and Papa, you are the best daddy and mommy ever! I love you sooo much and I am so happy that you are here! (Big smiles.) I'm going to pray that you will never ever fall away from each other." (I blink twice. Did I hear her right?) "I want you (points to me) to always be Papa's wife, and I want you (points to Kenneth) to always be Mommy's husband. I don't want you to fall away... so I'm going to pray for you, OK? (Deep breath.) Father, please keep Mommy and Daddy safe and make sure that Mommy is always Papa's wife and that Papa is always Mommy's husband and that they never fall away from each other. In Jesus' name, I pray, Amen!" (Big smiles.)

Me: "Wow, Selah...thank you so much for praying for us." I look at Kenneth and back at Selah, confused and surprised. "Selah, why do you think that Papa and I might fall away from each other?"

Selah: "I just don't want you to."

Me: "But what makes you think about that? Do husbands and wives fall away from each other?"

Selah: "Yeah."

Kenneth: "How do you know that?"

Selah: "In my dream. I saw it. And God speaks to me and tells me the words to say. So I prayed for you." (Big smile.)

Selah turned four years old two weeks ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

salah I praise God you are alive.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful deep thinking child whose love for mommy and daddy is on her unconcious mind where God speaks to us all if we just open our minds and listen. The beauty of a child, <3