Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Shifting

My life has taken a big shift. I still care about the same things I always have. But the methods I use have changed so much. My perspective has softened so much. My willingness to allow MORE for myself and others has shifted some of the ways I help.

The way I speak with my children has shifted. The way I engage with the women and children at the domestic abuse shelter in Guatemala has deepened. The way I transverse life with my husband has become more honest and authentic. The number of deep breaths I take during the day has greatly increased... (Ha... "increased"? Did I ever stop and embrace a deep breath before?) The way I pray and the things I say have taken on a greater intensity and confidence. The ease with which I can move through challenges has increased and the resistance to them has decreased.

So, I guess you could say I've changed. Shifted. Grown. Expanded. (Thank God! I thought I was going to be stuck back there for ever.) ;)

I've been reading a lot. I've been listening, learning, and praying a lot. I've been letting go of a lot. And I've been using and sharing the oils a lot. The oils have helped shift me. And it's been a joy to watch them shift those around me. My friend, Jackie, wrote me the other evening and said,

"I know that sometimes, like we are called to pray, we are called to bring people to a healing place. It comes from the same part of our being and it's what we were put here to do. Helping others was always my calling. Funny... until now I never put my medical helping job with this new adventure...makes sense!"

Bring people to a better place. That's what I've always been about. It's what I love about our missions trips, the marriage groups we've led, and the way we serve others. It's what Jackie has always been about, and what so many of the people I know in my life have been about. But until now, I would have to admit that my previous methods had a missing component to them. Well, thanks to the oils, my methods have just radically deepened. My ability to reach the crevasses in myself has expanded. And my ability to impact others has grown. Everything is back on the table again. Everything that couldn't be, now might be.

As Audrey said, "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, 'I'm possible'!"

No comments: