Yes, a storm is coming. But stop a moment with me and breathe.
It's going to be okay.
It's times like these that we find out clearly how well we can find peace even in the midst of chaos.
If you find that your heart is fluttering or you're short of breathe, or your mind is racing...
stop with me now and do the following.
Take a few drops of Peace, Serenity, or Lavender essential oils in the palm of your hand (if you have oils) and cup over your nose and mouth as you take several looong, deeeep breaths. Then try this...
2) Either aloud or quietly to yourself, say the words, “Be still and know that I am God”
3) After a couple deep breaths, pray, “Be still and know that I am.”
4) After a couple deep breaths, pray “Be still and know.”
5) After a couple deep breaths, pray, “Be still.”
6) After a couple deep breaths, pray, “Be.”
7) When ready, pray, “Amen.”
(Borrowed with gratitude from Glennon.)
And remember that sometimes God calms the storm... and other times He calms His child. Being internally calm will serve you much better in any situation than allowing yourself to remain in internal chaos.
Let's be Peace. ☺